Tuesday 20 December 2011

Advent Day 20: The Christmas Brothers

Recently I went to the Independent Records Market at Old Spittalfields market that was designed to raise funds for those affected by the PIAS fire, a very noble cause that I would feel much better about if I hadn't come back empty handed bar a load of free samplers and an Aiden Moffat bottle opener (every little helps as they say)

However on those samplers from Loose Records I finally got around to discovering The Felice Brothers, one of the many bands in the world i'd always assumed I liked but never actually got around to listening too, and it turns out I was right. So if anyone's stuck for Christmas Presents for me (i'm sure you're all getting me one right?!) then Loose Records and The Felice Brothers is a great place to start...and who says my inner cheap skate wasn't helping anyone!

Here's a rather lovely number festive they've done entitled simply The Christmas Song...enjoy then buy a record from one of the many wonderful independent labels we're lucky to have around

No comments:

Post a Comment