Wednesday 14 December 2011

The Best 20(of)11, From 20 to 11

So every year, being the super cool guy I am, I (Sam) compile a list of my favourite albums of the year and feel compelled to tell the world about it. I'm sure you're not necessarily interested but I thought i'd stick it here just so I have a record when I come to look back on this list in years to come.

So here we go with the first part of my albums of the year from numbers 20 to 11.

A short disclaimer to begin these are purely the opinions of me they do not reflect the opinions of the rest of the band and are based entirely on albums I have heard, I can't possibly comment on any other records which I have not heard (though I imagine Wilco, Slow Club and Los Campesinos are all pretty good)

Number 20
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Hysterical
Hysterical

Number 19
Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues
Helplessness Blues

Number 18
The Vaccines- What Did You Expect From The Vaccines
What Did You Expect From The Vaccines?

Number 17
Radiohead - The King Of Limbs
The King of Limbs
Number 16
My Morning Jacket - Circuital
Circuital

Number 15
Ryan Adams - Ashes & Fire
Ashes & Fire

Number 14
Wye Oak - Civilian
Civilian

Number 13
The Joy Formidable - The Big Roar
The Big Roar

Number 12
Bon Iver - Bon Iver
Bon Iver
Number 11
Elbow - Build A Rocket Boys!
Build A Rocket Boys!

In traditional style i'll continue this run down giving greater detail on the album as we go, leading up to a grand reveal of just what I believe to be the best record of the year...exciting eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment